He is one of the most dynamic and vivacious live performers of our time, and has been seen by millions at the Oscars, at the Grammy Awards, and the Billboard Awards.
- PRESIDENTIAL MEDAL OF FREEDOM RECIPIENT
- 10 time Grammy Award Winner
- Emmy Award Recipient
- 6 Time Billboard Award Winner
- 2015 Hispanic Heritage Award Recipient
- 2016 Honorary Doctorate recipient in Fine Arts from The University of Notre Dame
A protégé of the legendary jazz master Dizzy Gillespie, Sandoval was born in Artemisa, a small town in the outskirts of Havana, Cuba, on November 6, 1949, just two years after Gillespie became the first musician to bring Latin influences into American Jazz. Sandoval began studying classical trumpet at the age of twelve, but it didn’t take him long to catch the excitement of the jazz world. He has since evolved into one of the world’s most acknowledged guardians of jazz trumpet and flugelhorn, as well as a renowned classical artist, pianist and composer.
- Arturo Sandoval – trumpet
- Lemuel Roig – piano
- John Belzaguy – bass
- Johnny Friday – drums
- Michael Tucker – saxophone
- Tiki Pasillas – percussion